Favorite Automotive Youtubes?

General Club Discussion
theAngryMarmot

Favorite Automotive Youtubes?

Post by theAngryMarmot »

How about a thread where everyone lists their favorite automotive youtubes? It is amazing how much awesome content is out there.

Here are mine :

Cleetus McFarland : Cleetus does it all. Drift, drag, road racing. He bought an abandoned race track in florida, has been renovating it and has events such as the "Freedom 500" and "2.5 Hours of Le-Mullets" that use crown vics as race cars. He named the track "Freedom Factory" and generally has a very patriotic theme to his channel. He also has a race coming up called "Danger Ranger 9000" featuring Ford Rangers. He even dips into boats a bit with two little jet-boats. He has a ton of super fun content - and apparently is one of the nicest dudes ever in person. Highly, highly recommended.

KSR Fabrication : Builds amazing cars, and has great content about what his shop does. Down to earth guy who happens to build some of the coolest stuff.

PFI Speed : Colorado based tuning shop. Owner Brent has the best energy of anyone I have ever seen. Mainly does Honda stuff , but his channel and the somewhat "raw" footage of what goes on combined with his absolute love of the people and cars is the perfect motivation to make you work on your own stuff. His laugh is ridiculous. Has a few younger employees / shop dwellers that he is mentoring.

Boosted Boiz : Kyle and Wyatt started out with Brent, but moved to Florida. They are currently building a honda swapped MR2 to go for the record quarter mile time for those cars. They also have a Honda J=swapped 240sx burnout car, a 1k HP AWD honda minivan, and a couple other projects. I don't like how they do some things - but they are fun to watch.

Sarah N Tuned - Local Tucson'er who has some interesting project cars (Audi TT, MR2, Subaru, go cart) and she does reviews too. She has a fun review style, and a great sense of humor. She is an airforce veteran (mechanic) and her OCD in things is fun to watch. Also, for those who would find it interesting she is transgendered.

Jimmy Oakes : I find him slightly annoying and all his friends smoke way too much pot - but he has some really neat builds going. K-swapped 240, 1J swapped 240, a few BMWs, etc.

Taylor Ray : Has a few interesting cars - and a ton of content on building/modding them. Currently is a pro-level-but-not-pro drift guy who just won the most recent round of Klutch-Kickers (100k dollar drift tournament) beating out several pro-level drivers (Adam LZ, Taylor Hull, etc) in a V8 swapped Miata. DD's a Nissan Pulsar GTiR. Very humble and fun channels with great content - both success and failure.

Adam LZ : Pro drifter with a ton of cool cars. Just bought a 30 acre compound in florida where way too much fun happens. One of the few Formula D drivers with japanese power left. His G/F Collette has a channel too. The video where Vaughn Gittin Jr, Chelsea Denofa, and Adam are slinging their pro FD cars around the narrow roads on his property is epic.

FasterProms : Tuning shop in Florida, owner Jeremy is super cool. Tons of neat projects. Shop employees Laz and George are a riot.

Mike Finnegan : His love of drag boats makes me want to do stupid things on the water. Really fun channel that has cars and boats.

Emilia Hartford : Generally kind of annoying, but she does have the fastest C8 vette that her and friend Sandy built. Has a twin turbo g-body called "Mimi" and a 240sx drift car.

Rob dahm : Rotary guy most famous for his inability to properly prepare before events - and also his AWD 4 rotor twin turbo RX-7, Rotary C5 vette, and is building a rotary powered c8 vette. He does everything from fab to tuning basically himself and isn't scared to fail and show it. Pretty neat content.

Richard Holdeneer : Works at westech performance and basically is a "what if" channel where he dyno tests tons of stuff and combinations. He is usually very, very excited.

Jimmy Broadbent : british youtuber for racing sims - however he also got signed by Praga to race one of their R1 cars in BritCar series and is doing quite well. A really nice look at a very humble guy who is living his dream.

Randy Pobst : Gentleman racing driver extraordinaire - has raced and won basically anything conceivable. His recent pikes peak adventure last week in a Tesla Plaid is amazing. Also competes in Cleetus' Races.

Non car related :

Mark Novak : gunsmith, works on tons of interesting stuff and helps out the next two youtube channels often.

Forgotten Weapons : Ian is local! Has an expansive channels with weird, historical, and interesting firearms. I met him once at the range when he was test firing his ChauChat machine gun. Super awesome guy.

C&Rsenal : WW1 firearms. Videos are expansive history where he and Mae delve very, very deeply into firearms used in the great war.

InRange TV : Local guy Carl with firearms stuff and AZ history

Retro Recipes : Vintage PC / tech site. Perryfractic, Lady Fractic, and Puppy fractic have a very well produced and fun to watch vintage tech channel.

LGR : another vintage tech site that is great

8-Bit guy : a bit dry, but fun to watch vintage tech channel

I have more I really like, but list is already long.... lol
insitu_az
Site Admin

Re: Favorite Automotive Youtubes?

Post by insitu_az »

I have been watching Cleetus McFarland for a long time. It is fun to see what younger car enthusiasts are doing. While the drift and burn out scene are totally foreign to my concept of motor sports, I think they are very entertaining. Cleetus will hot rod just about anything... golf carts, lawn mowers, jet boats, hover crafts, the list just goes on.
Cleetus's new KSR built El Camino is totally awesome. Kevin at KSR is a perfectionist. He turned Cleetus's old jet engine powered fail into a 2000hp work of art. Wish I had a tiny portion of the skills this guy possesses.

-Guy
theAngryMarmot

Post by theAngryMarmot »

insitu_az wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:45 pm I have been watching Cleetus McFarland for a long time. It is fun to see what younger car enthusiasts are doing. While the drift and burn out scene are totally foreign to my concept of motor sports, I think they are very entertaining. Cleetus will hot rod just about anything... golf carts, lawn mowers, jet boats, hover crafts, the list just goes on.
Cleetus's new KSR built El Camino is totally awesome. Kevin at KSR is a perfectionist. He turned Cleetus's old jet engine powered fail into a 2000hp work of art. Wish I had a tiny portion of the skills this guy possesses.

-Guy
I like the way he approaches things - he never fails to stress how all his stuff is thanks to the fans - and the minute he was able started hosting events at the Freedom Factory he did. The transparency about how much things cost, the progress, etc - really makes it "the people's track." I think this is why after every event he points out that basically no cleanup is needed because everyone cleans up after themselves. There is such a strong car community of content creators down there - Cleetus, James, Cooper, BoostedBoiz, FasterProms, KSR, etc.

I especially love his new jetboat content. I was telling the wife that if we lived close to water I would have to buy one of those things.

I remember when I first seen Brent @ PFI in a cleetus vid and I was like "who is this idiot?" Then I noticed him in other videos, then I started watching his videos - and what a guy. I totally misjudged that guy.

Between all these great youtube creators - I don't even need normal TV anymore.

After following events like Rocky Mountain Race Week, Power Tour, and Mid-Ohio Race Week since they all started it was Cleetus, Brent, and Kevin's coverage this year that sealed the deal. I am going next June - already contacted RMRW and registration opens in Feb. Gives me plenty of time to get the car ready.
Ryanotown22

Post by Ryanotown22 »

I watch vice grip garage as well as the others listed it’s all old American cars and trucks but pretty good content
Ryan
‘78 280z sold
‘75 280z
Randalla

Post by Randalla »

I absolutely love the guy on ViceGrip Garage. He's funny, down to earth and hugely educational. He's definitely a "good ole boy."
1967 1/2 Roadster- 1600 4 cyl.
1972 240Z- 280 I-6
1976 710 Wagon- L20B 4 cyl.
1977 620 King Cab - L18 4 cyl.
2003 350Z Track- VQ V-6
Ryanotown22

Post by Ryanotown22 »

I forgot bad obsession motorsports “project binky” I have been watching for what seems forever classic English humor about mating a Mini Cooper to a awd celica gt turbo
Ryan
‘78 280z sold
‘75 280z
Turboman280

Post by Turboman280 »

The Team 24oz youtube channel is where I get my fix of an L series at full song in down under road rallies. Great stuff.
Carl
1975 280Z restomod
Work in progress