life

General Club Discussion
dat521

life

Post by dat521 »

most of you know that i have been having some health issues in the past few years well i almost lost my dad today, he fell early hours in morning and was unconscious and unresponsive and my step mom had to do cpr while on phone with 911 and when medics got there still no change but on way to hospital they were able to regain conscious and alertness and had to be flown to phoenix heart hospital for enlarged aorta artery by his stomach which was bleeding internally there and he had low blood pressure. after 3 hours in the operating room the doctors had to put a stint so they could repair and stop the bleeding. i finally got to see him in the ICU and he has wires/hoses all on his body so he won't be doing anything for awhile. this is not i had planned for today.
dat521

Re: life

Post by dat521 »

so my dad's surgery went well he was moved him from ICU to a regular hospital room to recover. i spoke with the surgeon and she says she gets patients from all over the state of arizona to do those types of surgeries and no big scars only small incisions.
Vetteguy22

Post by Vetteguy22 »

Glad it sounds like he is improving.
dat521

Post by dat521 »

Vetteguy22: thank you for your response and wishes

he finally was released today but will have to be visited by therapists that go to his house to make sure things are going well
L320-Dale

Post by L320-Dale »

Sorry to hear about you Dad Gene. Glad to hear he is doing better.
Dale - Gilbert, Az
1965 L320 - Bamboo Tan / 1972 1200 - Sun-light Blue / 1970 240Z - Silver
dat521

Post by dat521 »

L320-Dale: thank you for your thoughts
dat521

Post by dat521 »

so i had some tests done recently and results came back that i have issue with my liver that will need to have medical procedure done/ treatments. i wondering if it is cuz of my botched double hernia surgery i have on 2/14/17 and that has made things worse for me since then or by accidentally swallowing some diesel fuel/JP-8 when hose exploded on military fuel tanker i was working on back in 96 and was soaked from head to toe and had to go to hospital for decontamination/treatment. when internal organs start messing up it scares people. i am wondering if this has anything to do with my low energy levels. i am hoping that this issue is treatable quickly and painless. i see doctor next thursday to discuss treatment procedures.
dat521

Post by dat521 »

with all my medical issues going on in my life now i have issue with liver and today i had to to to emergency hospital cuz yesterday i went to urgent care cuz i wasnt able to eat but 6 or 7 bites of food daily from monday to friday and they said i have GERD and needed to eat bland food items for 2 weeks well today i lost my balance and fell almost hitting coffee table and the top of my head to chin and both cheeks felt compressed and the doctors ran some tests and said it is my pancreas and need to get a mri to see what kind of damage is done to it. it got me thinking about patrick swayze and his pancreas struggle / passing from it and survival rates, and my father in law doctor told me that brain and abdomen organs are suppose to be in sync. idk about that i'm not a doctor so i'm sorry to those i upsetted in the past and those who unfriended me
dat521

Post by dat521 »

so i had more blood work done today, see oncologist for a consultation on tuesday to discuss treatment, then have MRI on thursday, i hope that the doctors can help me get better
dat521

Post by dat521 »

so i got results back on friday after 2 weeks of getting mri and i have a mass on the head of my pancreas and i will need surgery and hopefully no chemo/radiation. now waiting game to see when i have surgery