Events Calendar

Web site news, suggestions, problems and changes.
insitu_az
Site Admin

Events Calendar

Post by insitu_az »

I have installed a new monthly calendar for the forum. You will find the icon on the index bar, upper left side. You can click that and see a standard calendar with blocks for daily events. Just a quick look to see what's coming up.

To add an event to the calendar, go to the events forum and press the "New Topic" button. There is now a 3 block input screen that you need to use IF you want the topic to be placed on the calendar.

Subject: Give the event a short name that will appear on the calendar
Date: Left block is the starting date of the event, right block is the ending date of the event.

When you click on the date entry blocks, your browser may attempt to help you out with some terms you have used in the past, but if you move the mouse wheel slightly a small calendar will pop up that allows you to choose the desired date.

If your intent was to just discuss an event, just ignore the date input blocks and you can start a topic as before (without any calendar marker).
Randalla

Re: Events Calendar

Post by Randalla »

Guy, you are continuing to make our site better than ever. Thanks for being so proactive and adding things that will benefit everyone. Really appreciate your efforts.
1967 1/2 Roadster- 1600 4 cyl.
1972 240Z- 280 I-6
1976 710 Wagon- L20B 4 cyl.
1977 620 King Cab - L18 4 cyl.
2003 350Z Track- VQ V-6
insitu_az
Site Admin

Post by insitu_az »

Been trying... Still hoping to get some feedback on the new "Content" link... :roll:

- Guy
L320-Dale

Post by L320-Dale »

I couldn't agree with Randy more. Guy, you're doing a great job and it so appreciated.
Dale
Dale - Gilbert, Az
1965 L320 - Bamboo Tan / 1972 1200 - Sun-light Blue / 1970 240Z - Silver
insitu_az
Site Admin

Post by insitu_az »

So... We have had a couple members having issues with the auto login feature of the board, and I am looking at ways to make the system more robust. The calendar system while appearing simple required four software modules to gather data and present the calendar page. Since we have not yet used the feature, I thought I would disable all four of the modules to see if it helps.

If you have any questions, or want to have the calendar modules reactivated please send me a pm with your concerns.

Thanks,
Guy