Post those awesome photos

insitu_az
Site Admin

Post those awesome photos

Post by insitu_az »

A few people have mentioned issues posting photos on the site. We have unlimited storage for the site so putting up a photo is actually pretty easy.

There are two methods: letting the site host your photo, or letting a third party host your photo. I will cover the easiest method in this post.

I recommend allowing our site host your photo. When the photo is hosted on the site, it automatically generates a small thumbnail picture which people can click on to see your larger photo if desired.

Important Note: Photo size is limited to 1024 x 768. If your photo is larger than that, use "Paint" or another photo program to reduce its size.

Here's how to upload your properly sized photo:

1. When making your post to the forum you will see a large blue panel at the bottom of the page with three tabs "Options, Attachments, Poll creation"
2. Click on the Attachments tab.
3. Click on the Add Files box
4. A box will open up showing your computer directories.
5. Find the picture you want to post and select it by either double clicking or highlighting and selecting "open"
6. The file upload box will appear showing your file has been accepted. If you wish to have a comment added to the bottom of the photo, type the comment into the box labeled "FILE COMMENT". If you want to place the file immediately in the text, hit the "Place Inline" button and the photo will be placed immediately after your cursor in the post. Example below. I selected the photo, made a comment in the "File comment" block, then pressed the "Place inline" button. You should hit your return key a couple times before and after posting a photo "inline" like this to keep it separated from the text, experiment to find what works best, and use the edit feature if needed to get the results you are looking for.

My SR20det motor
My SR20det motor

You may wish to have several photos listed at the end of you post instead of having them placed "Inline". If so, wait until you are done with the text portion of the post, hit your return key a couple times to put a space between the text and photos, then add as many photos as desired.
Hope this helps you in placing your photos.
-Guy

Here is an example where I have completed my post, then I added a few photos, insured my cursor was a couple lines below the post, then pressed the "Place inline" button for each of the photos:

My 1974 SSS steering wheel
My 1974 SSS steering wheel
My glove box light
My glove box light
My B210 brake booster
My B210 brake booster