One year old...

Web site news, suggestions, problems and changes.
Racerx3110

Re: One year old...

Post by Racerx3110 »

Is there a way that a regular member could elect to get an email notification for every new post that happens on the site? That would help poke curiousity and reminder that activity is happening on the site.
1977 280z RB25det Neo
insitu_az
Site Admin

Post by insitu_az »

I haven't considered shutting down this site. If it gets down to just me on it, or I just can't handle it any more, I will try to find another member to take over.

BTW:

I just increased the photo attachment max size to 1.5 meg. Please let me know if anyone still has issues attaching pictures. I recommend using 1024 x 768 for full size shots. The software will automatically make the smaller 400 pixel thumb size for your photo, and users can click on it to see the full size.
We have pretty much unlimited storage, so fell free to upload your photos directly to the site. Just look down at the bottom while you are making your post, click on the "attachments" tab, then "Add Files". It will show your directories and you can select the picture to be displayed.
DDadmin

Post by DDadmin »

hmmmmm... test
insitu_az
Site Admin

Post by insitu_az »

So... How to get a notification that a new post has been made on the site.....

Yes, you can have the site notify you of new posts.

1. Open a forum you are interested in.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and on the lower left you will see "Home < Board Index subscribe forum
3. Click on "subscribe forum" (It has a little check box which doesnt seem to have any purpose)
4. After clicking on "subscribe forum" a pop up box will tell you that you have subscribed to that forum. Now if there is a new post from another user in that forum, it will send you an email that there is a new post. If you decide you no longer want the emails, just go back to the bottom of the forum and "unsubscribe"

You can subscribe to as many forums as you want.

-Guy
L320-Dale

Post by L320-Dale »

insitu_az wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:38 pm So... How to get a notification that a new post has been made on the site.....

Yes, you can have the site notify you of new posts.

1. Open a forum you are interested in.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and on the lower left you will see "Home < Board Index subscribe forum
3. Click on "subscribe forum" (It has a little check box which doesnt seem to have any purpose)
4. After clicking on "subscribe forum" a pop up box will tell you that you have subscribed to that forum. Now if there is a new post from another user in that forum, it will send you an email that there is a new post. If you decide you no longer want the emails, just go back to the bottom of the forum and "unsubscribe"

You can subscribe to as many forums as you want.

-Guy
Thanks for this tutorial. I didn't know we could subscribe either. Learned something.
Dale
Dale - Gilbert, Az
1965 L320 - Bamboo Tan / 1972 1200 - Sun-light Blue / 1970 240Z - Silver
insitu_az
Site Admin

Post by insitu_az »

I hadn't really tested it out before, but I upgraded our site a while back to support an email account for DDAdmin to be able to reply to new users. The site will now respond to email functions from ddadmin@desertdatsuns.

I check in a few times every day, so I don't use many of the notifications, but they should all work now.
-Guy
Racerx3110

Post by Racerx3110 »

Instructions like this might be good to have at the top of the list on the Home page in a "Tips for using this forum" kind of thing. Where other tips could be added as well.
1977 280z RB25det Neo