My 521s

320 through 720
Charlie69

My 521s

Post by Charlie69 »

Here are some pictures of 521s I have been gathering for a project.

My 69 that was on a early Scout chassis. It is on a 71 521 chassis I purchased with a cab and doors for the gas tank. This cab has a scabbed in firewall and tunnel for the Scout drive train. The floor is badly rusted out. The tail gate was sold befor I got the truck.

My 71 that runs and drives on an auxilliary gas can, does not stop well but look at the last pictures of the Mike Klotz Front Disc Brake Kit that I have for it. I have a person that wants to buy it as is so if that goes through then I will find another to use in my project.

The 71 cab and chassis I purchased. The top of this cab will be going to Shawn's little bagged and heavily modded 521. Pictures in another thread soon.

This is the chassis I put under the 69 cab and bed.
Coyote Patrol

Re: My 521s

Post by Coyote Patrol »

I really like that first truck!!
Charlie69

Post by Charlie69 »

Thank you Coyote Patrol. Unfortunately the hack job on the tunnel and firewal combined with the rust resulted in having my friend Shawn coming overto the yard I have my trucks stored in and cutting up the cab for useable parts.
I wil start a thread on Shawn's truck. Shawn took the roof of the white 69 cab to build a roof for his customized 71 521 roadster.

This will be the second attemp to get the roof to fit correctly as he stretched the cab 7" if I remeber correctly. another friend of mine And SWDP brother Mark donated the first cab roof. The first roof worked OK but did not fit the windshield area and the back of the cab correctly. But it keep the AZ sun from cooking Shawn's then bald head in his first AZ summer. This is Shawn's daily driver.
Charlie69

Post by Charlie69 »

The blue cab and chassis truck I cut what I needed from this truck and I sold the front have of the frame to a gentleman that also bought the complete blue 521. He also purchased the front clip from the red 69 and a blue hood and various small parts for his blue 521.

I kept all the parts I could remove and cut from the 69 and the 71 blue cab and chassis. and scrapped the rest.