Posting video clips, movies and other media

insitu_az
Site Admin

Posting video clips, movies and other media

Post by insitu_az »

I was asked if it is possible to post video clips with the .mov extension to forum posts. It had been a while since I reviewed this subject.

The board can not directly display media files such as .mov, but we have an extension installed that can host media files from many different sites. The sites I have currently enabled are as follows:

Vimeo
Youtube
Imgur
Google drive
Pinterest
Tumblr

There are a total of 120 potential sites available, but these six are the only ones we currently have enabled. I have tested the Youtube and Googledrive sites as they are the ones I have available to me personally. Media can be posted from most news and media sites (Fox, CNN, MSNBC, TicToc, Twitter, etc), but I thought the most likely used host sites for a car club would be those six.

If you have a personal video you want to post to the site, the easiest way is posting it to your Youtube account, or saving it to your personal Google drive, then using the "media embed" tool to post the link. If you want to link a video from another media site such as ESPN, BBC News, whatever, let me know and I will enable it.
- Guy

And now as a reward for reading this informative message: An 8 minute driving lesson with Ken Block....

Randalla

Re: Posting video clips, moves and other media

Post by Randalla »

Thanks for the reply Guy. My question was about posting some brief footage Lisa shot with my cell phone last week at Honda Muscleman Raceway of me driving my vintage go kart. I'll check with Lisa to see what we can do, if anything.

Curious to know three things about Ken's videos.

1. how many sets of tires does he go through for each video?
2. how does he get permits to do what he does?
3. how many takes does it take to get each film sequence?

Regardless, always amazed at the crazy stuff he tries.
1967 1/2 Roadster- 1600 4 cyl.
1972 240Z- 280 I-6
1976 710 Wagon- L20B 4 cyl.
1977 620 King Cab - L18 4 cyl.
2003 350Z Track- VQ V-6
insitu_az
Site Admin

Re: Posting video clips, moves and other media

Post by insitu_az »

Ken is definately a scary dude. I am sure they do several takes on his videos to do tire changes though. Some of his videos like in SanFracisco or London must take a lot of planning and sponsor cash to get done, but you have to wonder if they really knew what he had planned before signing the contract with him.

I really recommend using a youtube channel for your video. It is easy and free to set up. Just do a search for "youtube channel setup", and you will find links to make your own channel. Takes only a couple minutes.
insitu_az
Site Admin

Re: Posting video clips, movies and other media

Post by insitu_az »

okay.... A follow up to Ken Block..... Travis Pastrana another rally driver and one of Ken's major competitors tries his hand at gymkhana...

Its a Subaru, but some fun footage

Turboman280

Re: Posting video clips, movies and other media

Post by Turboman280 »

Wow, 375 HP per liter. Of course this probably gets refreshed after every race.

Travis was a very promising young Motocross racer, but his love of freestyle stunts and the resulting injuries precluded any serious title runs. He still does odd events as well as his nitro circus brand troupe stunts.

Obviously, he is pretty talented with 4 wheels also.
Carl
1975 280Z restomod
Work in progress
insitu_az
Site Admin

Added hosting site

Post by insitu_az »

For those who prefer to not use Youtube, I have added Rumble to the available hosts for video posts.

-Guy