Color below windshield cowl

240Z through 300ZX Z31
Ryanotown22

Color below windshield cowl

Post by Ryanotown22 »

What is the factory color below the front window cowl. Mine is dark grey and it looks factory but there is no other colors like that on my car. It doesn’t seem like it’s been painted either. When I paint the car I was assuming that would be body color but I am not sure
Ryan
‘78 280z sold
‘75 280z
JavelinZ

Re: Color below windshield cowl

Post by JavelinZ »

Nothing, some may have the factory primer/ecoating down there, but they only got oversprayed at best from what I have seen. Hence why nearly every car has some amount of rust down there.
jdj1981280zx

Post by jdj1981280zx »

I have a rust problem on the top and bottom of my windshield cowl. Does anyone have a recommendation for a body shop to repair this? I am already figuring this is going to be a custom job especially since the plastic clips and chrome edging are no longer available. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
JavelinZ

Post by JavelinZ »

I've only seen a couple S130 that don't have bad rust in those places. They had a problem rusting out there. If you did find a car with good sheet metal there it would probably be in better overall shape than the car you have. It will most likely be a custom job to get it repaired correctly. I don't know who would be willing to take that kind of work on.