What I did on my Datsun today

General Club Discussion
Racerx3110

Re: What I did on my Datsun today

Post by Racerx3110 »

I had this bracket among zcar parts I had acquired, it's looks to be the same as this bracket from nostalgic ac (nostalgicac.com).
https://nostalgicac.com/pub/media/catal ... 5015_1.jpg
1977 280z RB25det Neo
Ryanotown22

Post by Ryanotown22 »

I ended up with the bracket from nostalgic ac also they really are expensive but bolted right up
Ryan
‘78 280z
cgsheen

Post by cgsheen »

Okay, for those of you who don't know, here's what I've been doing on Goldie for the last few weeks.

A few months ago I broke 5 of the 6 new ITM pistons I installed not that long ago... Deep sigh...
SO. After anguishing decisions, I had Doc get me custom forged pistons made with custom rings, bought I-beam rods, and had my block bored another .5mm over. It's now at 87mm bore. Automotive Machine of Scottsdale did the bore and surfacing of my block and balanced the rotating mass of crank, pulley, flywheel, and clutch package. The engine is now reassembled and back in the car and running very well. Pictures:
(well, the pics are in reverse order but I'm not doing that again so they'll have to stay that way...)
Attachments
Dun...
Dun...
Almost done.
Almost done.
Ready to re-install
Ready to re-install
Pistons in
Pistons in
GoldieEngine02.jpg
back from the machine shop
back from the machine shop
260Z - L28ET - MS3X ECU, Ford COP w/ Nissan Ignitor, diyautotune optical wheel - T04e .63 A/R, Intercooled - 310cc Injectors - Ultra Heaven Fuel Rail - 14point7 Spartan2 wideband - Coilovers - Big Brakes - 304 Gold Metallic! Sakura Garage, Phoenix AZ
Vetteguy22

Post by Vetteguy22 »

Very nice. Hopefully this engine will give you better results. I’ve been beating up my Vette at the Goodguys auto cross this weekend .
Had a great time.
A z car with an LS motor took second place.
SCARZME

Post by SCARZME »

Just finished swapping out the stock rear axles for new Futofab 108mm CV axles. Had to clearance the lower control arms and the right side sway bar top washer a bit but other than that the install was pretty straightforward. I didn't clearance the left side quite enough the first time and chewed up the pigtails on the inboard safety wire. So had to drop the exhaust again and grind, file and sand more material. Took some real gyrations to do it without removing the CV axle which I really didn't want to do after torqueing all the bolts and learning how to safety wire on my back. I really didn't think the LCA would swing that far up under hard acceleration. Oops! Anyway here's a few pics.

Test fit of the inner adaptor plate showed there was definitely some interference:

But the final install looks pretty good. Don't have to worry about twisting a 50 year old u-joint or snapping the stock axle in two anymore.

Now the weak link is the 4 bolt wheel studs. But I love my Simmons wheels too much to do that swap, never mind the expense!
Bob - Payson
72 240Z
74 260Z Turbo-Scarab
71 510 Wagon (project)
67 Roadster VG30 swap (sold)
cgsheen

Post by cgsheen »

Wow!
260Z - L28ET - MS3X ECU, Ford COP w/ Nissan Ignitor, diyautotune optical wheel - T04e .63 A/R, Intercooled - 310cc Injectors - Ultra Heaven Fuel Rail - 14point7 Spartan2 wideband - Coilovers - Big Brakes - 304 Gold Metallic! Sakura Garage, Phoenix AZ
L320-Dale

Post by L320-Dale »

That's awesome! Nice job. :)
Dale - Gilbert, Az
1965 L320 - Bamboo Tan / 1972 1200 - Sun-light Blue / 1970 240Z - Silver