New User Registration

Web site news, suggestions, problems and changes.
insitu_az
Site Admin

New User Registration

Post by insitu_az »

I have been receiving about 50 fake new member applications per day during the last 2 months. Most of the applications come from eastern European IP addresses, and most of the emails used on the applications are from Russia. I suspect they are stemming from some plan to use the site as a spamming resource during the election.

Anyways, I have turned off all new member applications for time being. I will turn it back on after the election to see if settles back down. If you are attempting to join our Datsun/JDM group, send an email to the address posted and I will open up registrations to allow you to join.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Guy
L320-Dale

Re: New User Registration

Post by L320-Dale »

Thanks Guy for keeping a close eye on this and keeping the forum "safe". I think you have a good idea there.

Dale
Dale - Gilbert, Az
1965 L320 - Bamboo Tan / 1972 1200 - Sun-light Blue / 1970 240Z - Silver
insitu_az
Site Admin

Post by insitu_az »

The huge influx of fake registrations has ended, and the registration app. is turned on again. I will still screen each application for valid email address and location, but this should make for an easier process for those wishing to join the group.

I will keep the registration open like this unless the fake applications become too much of a burden again.
- Guy
Duffman

Post by Duffman »

As always, thanks, Guy, for your diligence and efforts on this website. It is most appreciated!
Duffman
1970 240Z, #1399