grimace

320 through 720
dat521

grimace

Post by dat521 »

well me and charlie69 went back to bullhead city 4-20-15 to go repo grimace, my Datsun 521 from a ratsun club member that had it for a year to do the body work and get it ready, prepped and primer b4 I get painted plum crazy purple but with him working 6 days a week he had no free time and I didn't want him to not spend his only day off from his family to work on grimace.

Last edited by dat521 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L320-Dale

dat521 wrote:
well me and charlie69 went back to bullhead city 4-20-15 to go repo grimace, my Datsun 521 from a ratsun club member that had it for a year to do the body work and get it ready, prepped and primer b4 I get painted plum crazy purple but with him working 6 days a week he had no free time and I didn't want him to not spend his only day off from his family to work on grimace.

That sucks that it didn't get done. Now that you have it back, hopefully it will get done sooner.

1970 240Z - Silver

too bad it didn't get done. At least it is back home now. Hopefully you can get it done soon so we have more trucks at the meets

i would like to but with my work schedule at the airport my days off are monday and tuesday, heck i have to give away this past saturday and sunday to go to the junkyard in prescott valley and next weekend i will be off but going out of town. if there is anyone who wants to help me finish grimace i would appreciate it. i only have a few hours on saturdays and sundays in the morning cuz i have to be to work by 1pm those days

well I got grimace up on jackstands, pulled off wheels, drums and checked brakes and wheel cylinders for leaks to determine why fluid was low in M/C when I picked up from PCD in bullhead city last month, so now I have to pump brakes and inspect the fabbed up brake lines ,fittings to see if any leaks will be present b4 I do the disc brake swap setup I get from charlie69 and his 520 since he has decided to use a 1980 720 frame setup for his 66 520 build

yellowdatsun

You should just update your original thread, instead of making new threads each time you work on the truck. That way everything stays together, instead of having 28 different threads that aren't cohesive and chronological.

Ryan can you combine all the threads for Grimace?

86 720:
http://community.ratsun.net/topic/65049 ... ng-cab-dd/

PB:
http://s477.photobucket.com/user/Charli ... t=3&page=1

well I reinstalled the wheels after checking for leaks of brake fluid, none found at any of the wheel cylinders, backed it out and turned it around and backed it into the garage and jacked up the front end and removed the drivers side wheel/drum brake/suspension to upgrade it to disc brakes that I bought from charlie69 from which he got the conversion kit from Mike Klotz on ratsun. so I need to redo the king pins and and reinstall the disc brake setup on both sides then figure out a way to plum the lines/master cylinder and maybe run a proportioning valve and/or brake booster.

http://s986.photobucket.com/user/dat521 ... 1.jpg.html

got 1 side of disc brake swap done on sunday with charlie69 help, i proceeded to work on other side front suspension to do disc brake swap but UCA bolt/rubber bushings/metal sleeve did't want to come off dogbone, i sprayed it down and took a brass drift punch and a 7pound sledgehammer to see if i could get bolt out, nope, had to remove upper link shaft but the end caps were so tight that as i was leaning over the fender i heard a popping sound on my left side by my ribs, now in pain, gonna have to take it easy for a few days and if pain persists go to concentra i may have injured it at work with loading and unloading bags/freight on and off airplanes and maybe it was hurting since then

got other side disc brake swap done on tuesday, yesterday proceeded to modify the firewall so i can run a dual reservoir brake master cylinder from a 79 620 or 79 280zx which i got from penny pincher on monday

disc brake swap on grimace

Great that you got that done. Looks like a lot of work !

here is when I started on driver's side after removing drum brake setup. just a mock -up until I changed upper link shafts and bushings and fulcrum pins on bottom on both sides and then with all new parts installed and all I need to do now is run new longer brake lines with different thread fittings cuz I'm running a 1979 Datsun 620 dual reservoir brake master cylinder without brake booster, maybe and I have a baer brakes adjustable proportioning valve then need to bleed the whole brake system again and adjust the prop valve so that the rear drum brakes don't lock up before disc brakes

Well me and Charlie hit up the junkyard in Wittman on Saturday and got the metal brake lines from the 3 Datsun 620 trucks and proceeded to clean out the lines and install a good set on grimace for the discbrake conversion/dual master cylinder since they are preen and should be ready to bench bleed the M/C then the brakes

doctor510: I meant to type in pre-bent for 620 firewall bent

well got the m/c bench bleed and installed last week, rebent lines to be installed for the m/c and the proportioning valve/brass tee tonight, swapped out throttle cable/bracket out from my tan 521 to grimace since they are a little different and shorter cable, now just gotta bleed the brakes and rode test to adjust/ set the proportioning valve for the rear brakes b4 I send it to the body shop to finish the body work and paint so that I can hopefully have it ready for the Williams show, I could use some help next weekend since Charlie69 just had surgery and is out of commission for at least 2 weeks. let me know thanks

well i finally broke down and got me a battery charger, bleeding/vacuum tool, drop light so i can work on grimace, my 2 nephews came by last sunday and we tried bleeding brakes but ran into some leaking issues. 1 st leak was under the cab on the frame- tightened up fittings, 2 leak was line coming off from the front part of dual master cylinder that goes to the proportioning valve inlet side, apparently the boneheads at the parker hose store don't know how to double flare or used wrong angle, so i grabbed a line i had made up when i was using just a single master cylinder and installed it, now my 3rd leak is coming from the TEE VALVE/ BRAKE LINE behind the proportioning valve the at goes to the right side front on my disc brakes which i am using a 620 line cuz it has the factory pig tail curls in it. still need help if anyone can swing by on sunday

Your private messages are off. FYI. I was trying to reply to you about the bench upholstery

still trying to get the brakes bleed but lines are leaking at fittings, may need some help to finish them. I should be home sunday if anyone wants to come by

dat521
Post subject: Re: grimace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:29 am
well I got an itch and worked on grimace I removed the line that was leaking from the tee valve and sprayed brake clean inside and on fitting and reinstalled it and I hope that fixes the issue, but I won't know until I get someone to help me out. any takers? I know that the Williams show is just a few days away but after the show maybe on the following weekend

JohnIam

Put your thumb over the cap of a pint can of Dot 3 brake fluid, turn it upside down and set it on your MC, open all 4 bleeders and shut them before all the fluid runs out. It's called gravity bleeding, drink 2 cans of beer as a timer.

92 D21
97 Pathfinder

Report this post
Profile Send private message
dat521
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Well me and Charlie69 worked on fixing brake fluid leak issue hopefully now just gotta sweet talk the mrs. bail n chain to help me with $$ so I can get it painted and have it ready for the severed ties show on Dec 5th at the castle n coasters Playland

Report this post
Edit post Reply with quote
dat521
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:43 am

grimace is up on jackstands again dealing with rear brake isssues

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:34 am

Worked grimace's fiberglass shell on Thursday, removed the trim piece that allows rear window /door to open and close, was missing the window and need to get a piece of lexan /plexiglass made for it

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:24 am

No new updates

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:17 pm

i had some motivation and removed the side windows from the fiberglass gt spoiler camper shell on grimace so that way is will be ready for paint before i redo the inside walls with diamond pattern material and reinstall the windows

Report this post
Charlie69
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:21 am

Great now get motivated and get the brakes finished! LOL

86 720:

PB:

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:12 am

removed the fiberglass camper shell I got from steroid awhile back that used to be on the leprechaun ford courier back in the day so that I can remove all the rubber sealant on the bottom of shell and prep it for primer. I am going to try and get motivated and clean up my garage and get busy on grimace this week

Charlie came by and helped me get motivated so we cleaned out cab/bed and just put parts only for grimace in bed of truck and cleaned up garage so that I have a walk way around my 521 so I can get back to working on it. Also pulled a 3rd member out of 1 of my spare 620 rear differential for a friend

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:26 pm

finally got the sunroof and back glass door form the lexan company to use on the gt spoiler fiberglass shell i got from steriod. i bought it from him back in april

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:25 pm

made some progress on grimace yesterday. got brakes pressurized and bleed, got adjusted and since i did the disc brake swap i thought my front end alignment may have been altered, but everything checks out and is good with it

Report this post
yellowdatsun
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:24 am
Site Admin

Glad to see you making progress on Grimace.

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:31 am

went to flagstaff yesterday and hit the junkyard and found a 521 and a 720 scored some parts and charlie scored some bumperettes

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:24 am

i hate electrical/wiring gremlins. when i removed everything from my dash, i bagged and tagged everything, now i don't have headlights/turn signals/park lights/dashlights. maybe i need to scrap/sell grimace and start on my 620 kingcab or my 65 barracuda

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:07 pm

Been tweaking on grimace these past few days, getting it ready for the endless summer event in bullhead city next week. If I don't go, then maybe have it ready for williams

Report this post
yellowdatsun
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:19 pm
Site Admin

Don't go, and get it ready for Williams. I wanna see it there!

Report this post
Charlie69
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:35 pm

I agree with Ryan.

86 720:

PB:

Report this post
L320-Dale
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:22 am
Site Admin

Yes, would love to see Grimace at Williams!

Dale

1970 240Z - Silver

i hope to bring it but it wont be in fully painted and it dont have the windshield/back glass in it maybe and if i bring do it would be on a trailer due to no tags, right now it is on a towbar cuz i towed it to get brakes flushed and bleed, idk if i would chance on towing it to williams with it, plus i need to drive it around to adjust the rear brakes in conjunction with the proportioning valve and i still have not registered for the show and im trying to get it ready for the reso reunion in hesperia,ca at the end of the year. i could use some help with getting it ready, i am off wednesdays and thursdays until end of october and in the morning hours on most days

Report this post
yellowdatsun
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:53 am
Site Admin

You wouldn't be the only one trailering your vehicle, more than a couple of us are. Mine may, or may not, run.....

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:44 am

no recent updates been busy trying to move stuff into storage

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:10 am

mounted license plate to tailgate

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:05 am

me and FUN5TEN BEN were thinking about relocating the battery on grimace yesterday

Report this post
Charlie69
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:47 am

What is the reason for relocating the battery? You are not cramped for space in the engine compartment. You are not running a large amp or custum sound video system.

I do not understand why you would move the battery.

86 720:

PB:

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:49 pm

As we talked earlier today while we were working on your 520 I think I will leave the battery alone but still need to build a hold down bracket

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:48 pm

Grimace will be heading to the paint Shop soon probably next month

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:55 am

Got grimace ready for Paint Shop but with recent surgery it is difficult to get it there

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:40 pm

I took grimace to the paint Shop today, it is supposed to be done by end of month

dat521 wrote:
I took grimace to the paint Shop today, it is supposed to be done by end of month

That's awesome! I can't wait to finally see your 521 done! 8-) 8-)

1970 240Z - Silver

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:36 pm

Me 2. So that way I can focus on getting my ironman themed 620kc done

Report this post
HS-Sun
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:52 pm

Great, looking forward to seeing it painted

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:32 am

Once it is painted and back at my house, I will need help getting everything put back on

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:31 pm

here is the tailgate at the bodyshop

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:41 pm

needs redone in purple came out from my old neighbors mid 80's toyota extra cab truck

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:59 pm

recent updates of grimace which is going slow at body shop and irritating me

Report this post
HS-Sun
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:11 am

Lookin good. That is a lot of work!

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:09 pm

It was already in primer thanks to PCD in bullhead city who was busy working on it the first day I took it to him,

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:05 pm

recent updates

here is recent updates on grimace and i was told that the a-hole has to move again by end of month and that this will be the 4th or 5th time he has moved in the last 3 years and he used my supplies on something else, i think i might have to beat his ass cuz i will may have to repo my truck and the remainder of my supplies cuz i don't think i will get back the money i already paid him ($1100)

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:39 pm

So me and charlie made our presence known to the painter that we are not impressed with the lack of work done on grimace, I gave him my final ultimatum, have my truck done and done right by Tuesday cuz I will be removing my truck and remainder of my supplies and requesting my money back and if it turns out crappy paint job, then there is going to hell to pay. I will report his ass to the BBB and see where that goes. In the last 3 years he has moved at least 4 times

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:21 am

recent picture as of yesterday

Report this post
AZhitman
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:41 pm

Whoever took a grinder to that truck is an idiot. That's gonna take a TON of block sanding and filler to make it smooth.

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:20 am

yep, and the guy has painted cars in candy and pearl colors back in the day, 2 much drinking/smoking crack as warped his mind or his helpers did that type of work

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:45 pm

update on grimace today. i had a serious talk with the painter and his helpers

Report this post
L320-Dale
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:08 pm
Site Admin

Looks like they are making progress now!! :)

1970 240Z - Silver

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:45 pm

went on saturday to see if any updates done to grimace, left door and fender primered and some work done to fiberglass shell, i will check back on wednesday to see if more progress.

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:40 pm

recent updates

https://s19.postimg.org/vg4i19xk3/roof_work_1.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/oqxyl9c83/grima ... imer_1.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/c0tq8649v/laven ... imer_1.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/6e1yofr4z/worki ... mace_1.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/n33ekcnqb/shave ... line_1.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/4c1ha6t5v/shave ... nder_2.jpg

Report this post
doctor510
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Where are the pictures?

You have to click on the links

Report this post
thegreg
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:59 am

Here ya go.

dat521 wrote:
recent updates

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:03 am

thanks

Report this post
L320-Dale
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:31 am
Site Admin

WOO HOO!!! Progress! :)

1970 240Z - Silver

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:39 am

well after 2 days of working on my 521, i have some sad news, i was hoping to have it done at least in primer but with the painter dicking around for 5 months and working on other cars and using my supplies on them, and not paying is rent, the landlord locked up the shop and he told me that if i wanted my truck that i needed it gone by end of friday. so im out $2600 and i am so irritated and ready to beat his ass but where will that get me, in jail for assault and battery i'm kinda at a point to just sell everything and become a hermit, i'm so tired of trusting people and get burnt

Report this post
JohnIam
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:36 am

landlords, shop owners or anyone can't hold your property hostage, the Police will always let U have it and then it becomes a civil mater 4 the courts 2 decide

92 D21
97 Pathfinder

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:36 pm

well me and charlie went to another paint shop in my area and the painter came and looked at my 521 to give me an estimate, paint will be around $600 if i supplied my paint /clear coat but to finish/redo body work will be $1000 and a additional $200 to prep and paint fiberglass canopy. and will take 1 month and i don't have to pay full amount upfront only $500.

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:22 pm

nothing new to update, i have been bummed out by the world and everyone in it

Report this post
Charlie69
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:06 pm

Quit fealing sorry for yourself Gene!!! Get off your ass and do something to get Grimace done! I thought your were a soldier not a pussy!

86 720:

PB:

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:51 pm

no new updates except trying to modify my shifter rod into looking like a pistol grip shifter just like the late 60's dodge charger 4 speed shifters

need input on wheels that i might use instead of polished kidney slot mags

https://s1.postimg.org/6z3xwwoavj/front ... ions_1.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/6mdtojdd5b/frontier_rim_1.jpg

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:36 pm

here is what i did today for grimace. cleaned/lightly sanded 1 rim with 1500 grit wet sandpaper then wiped off residue and painted it metallic dark steel paint made by rustoleum paint/primer to match center caps. now i have to finish other 3 rims and then mount tires on them

https://s1.postimg.org/1r9jw49x7j/hardbody_wheels_1.jpg

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:44 pm

so here is a few pix of wheel on grimace. let me know what you think

https://s33.postimg.org/gauxq4msv/hardb ... ace1_1.jpg

https://s33.postimg.org/qaufjbkqn/hardb ... ace3_1.jpg

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 pm

my update is listed on general post life

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:48 pm

i have a guy who is interested in buying grimace and the spare parts truck and all my 521 parts but he could be just a tire kicker

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:26 pm

so today a fellow datsun /ratsun member from cali who moved here came by to help me with my nephews 620 and he looked at my grimace and he might help out and he says i should put a KA in my 521 if the guy from new mexico who is interested in buying it changes his mind

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:47 pm

had another quote from a painter friday in case the guy from new mexico changes his mind about buying grimace, guy has a shop by me and quoted me 2k to finish the body work and paint it and said it would be done in a month. im going to see his shop and his projects he is working on. i hope to either sell it or have it ready by the july eagle rock event

Report this post
L320-Dale
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:43 am
Site Admin

I think you should keep it and finish it. You've been working on it a long time.
We all want to see it done too! ;) 8-)

1970 240Z - Silver

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:33 pm

L320-Dale: thanks for your kind words i just wish everyone else had the feelings as you do

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:38 pm

my buddy carlos might be interested in buying grimace since he sold his 521 that had a KA in it last year and he wants to get another 521. i told him he can also have my tan 521 also if he wants. i am continuing to thin out the datsun corral and all the extra parts for 521/620

None of your last few links for photos are working.

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:25 pm

I hate the monsoon season cuz of asshole i paid to paint my truck did a shitty job and now i gotta go find another paint shop to correct the crappy work that i paid someone a year ago to do. i hope that karma gets him soon

Report this post
CHANDLER 260
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:57 am

Half Up Front..... FINAL payment on APPROVAL. Saves you a lot of tears.

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:09 am

yea i thought i could trust him cuz he does great work from back in the days of cali, but i needed to stay on his ass, just before i almost lost my truck to landlord cuz he was not paying his rent for 7 months i found out that he was smoking crack and probably used my money to get his fix, if i would have known that i would have never to my truck to him and wasted time, supplies and money on him. his location is now on 59th ave and glendale at someones yard, i strongly suggest anyone not using him, he has a reputation of not fulfilling his contract and i am not the only person he has done this too.

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:02 pm

had a guy from colorado contact me thru facebook asking if my 521 is for sale and i told him yes he wants to come look at it in a week

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:21 am

well guy from colorado was a tire kicker, he gave some lame excuse that his trailer wasnt ready and had to service his transmission on his truck b4 he could venture out this way.

i picked up another 521 bed that someone brushed on green house paint, so i need to strip off the paint and fix dents b4 put on truck and see if anymore persons of interest looking to buy truck and it went on my tan 521 after i had my pool guys come by and glass media blast it so i could prep it for primer and paint it bamboo tan

Last edited by dat521 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
dat521
Post subject: Re: my 521 project formally named grimace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:50 pm

so i had my guys who do pool repairs and media blast come by and do some glass bead media blasting on my barracuda gasser and had them remove all the rust/ heavy coats of bondo that had appeared on my 521/grimace cuz of crappy painter who i paid to do body work and paint in 2017 and screwed me on it and didnt finish the work now it is ready to go to paint shop to do final prep work b4 painting plum crazy purple so i can put it back together and put a few miles on it b4 i decide to sell it

Report this post
L320-Dale
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:23 pm
Site Admin

That's awesome. I hope to see it painted one of these days! :)

1970 240Z - Silver

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:41 pm

i hope this time it gets done and not to expensive cuz the money i make for selling my tan 521 is funding the painting on grimace

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:57 pm

had to replace brake line from M/C cuz the guy from the parts store did wrong flare and it started leaking, the guy left the store and ventured onto another career

may have found someone who will finish with sanding and body work and prep /prime /paint who has 20 years painting cars and since i have all my paint and supplies he will charge me a decent price and cut/buff also

Report this post
L320-Dale
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:52 pm
Site Admin

dat521 wrote:
may have found someone who will finish with sanding and body work and prep /prime /paint who has 20 years painting cars and since i have all my paint and supplies he will charge me a decent price and cut/buff also

That's great, would love to see it done!

1970 240Z - Silver

Report this post
dat521
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:00 am

i will be glad when done and finish selling off all my spare datsun parts and liquidate and put up a covered car port and 2 post lift on concrete slab in side yard
Last edited by dat521 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dat521

Re: grimace

Post by dat521 »

found a painter who does metal flake and pearl paint jobs here in phoenix and has his own booth/shop is currently working on mazda pickup and will be working on a newer camaro then i am next in line
L320-Dale

Post by L320-Dale »

That's awesome Gene!
Dale - Gilbert, Az
1965 L320 - Bamboo Tan / 1972 1200 - Sun-light Blue / 1970 240Z - Silver
dat521

Post by dat521 »

thanks dale its been a long time waiting since 2005 when i first got the 521 on to getting this done so i can drive it to events
dat521

Post by dat521 »

grimace is at paint shop and painter will get busy on it next week
L320-Dale

Post by L320-Dale »

That's great! Been a long time in the process. Hope this painter works out good for you.

Dale
Dale - Gilbert, Az
dat521

Post by dat521 »

thanks dale, i hope so too i have seen his work and he is into mazda mini trucks in fact his trucks have been to castle-n-coasters/severed ties shows and was recently at a show at the convention center in downtown phoenix and has been at pinnacle peak/ art of noize/ wet-n-wild car shows
dat521

Post by dat521 »

well talked with the new painter today, well the previous painter who i had work on my 521 back in 2017 only to find out he is a tweaker had did a shitty job, there are pin holes in the bondo and thru out the whole body looks like he used to much hardener and now it all has to be stripped/removed.
dat521

Post by dat521 »

went to check out updates on my 521 with painter, looking good, should have it 2nd coat of primer and see where high/low spots to work on before its gets painted and clear coated and cut n buffed out. plus with holidays and bad weather has made process a little slow but i have a surprise for everyone to see once its done. i am so stoked cant wait to get it back together and bring it to shows i hope to have it ready for the "Art of Noize" show in march here in phoenix
L320-Dale

Post by L320-Dale »

Wonder what the surprise is? Looking forward to you getting your 521 done!
Would be cool if its done in March
Dale - Gilbert, Az